Sunday, 19 January 2014

Deconstruction/ Reconstruction Project - WEEK TWO

Day One & Two; making of final piece




This week I produced my final piece for the deconstruction/ reconstruction project. I started the week by cutting trousers up and pinning them on the mannequin to create a cape. I experimented with using the same colour for the whole of the cape or using two different pairs of trousers so that it's more interesting. I was finding it was looking  a little boring and wasn't sure if the ideas in my head was really showing in person. I asked for advice from the tutors and ended up folding detailing up on to the body so that the cape had more shape to it. 

I felt that it still needed more detail so added some detail to the neck using old pairs of tights and then a cut up belt for the fastening of the jacket.

Overall I am really pleased with the final outcome of this project and I think that it has worked really well with the ideas I was having in my head. I've been told that the cape has a sort of early Mcqueen feel I think which is very nice to hear as he's one of my favourite designers. 

Day Three; photo shoot plan


For my photo shoot of the cape I want to keep it really simple and shoot it in black and white. It will be styled with leather trousers and a simple black strap shoe to stick to the theme. It will be shot against a plain background as I want to focus on the detail of the cape and I prefer photo shoots when they are simple and not too fussy. The make up will be fairly simple as well with a dark eye. 

Independent study; final photographs


Here are some images from the final shoot I did for deconstruction. They are fairly simple, close up shots as this is the style I like. I have shot some in black and white and some in colour so that you can get a feel of the textures and colours. There were some full body shots but these seemed to be less successful than the ones that were close up. Unfortunately my friend refused to model for it so I had to be the one in front of the camera (slightly embarrassing) However, I am pleased with how they have come out. Some of the photos were slightly out of focus but I think that they actually work quite well because the cape becomes more focal in the image making it stronger. I have chosen to make the colour quite strong in my editing to show off the red lip that is contrasting the cape to add a bright pop of colour. 






I then went on to photoshop and started layering some of the final photographs over each other and playing around with the opacity to create an interesting different look. I have put the coloured photos over black and white images and vice versa to contrast the images and focus on interesting details. I think this creates interesting shapes and gives a different spin to the photographs.






No comments:

Post a Comment