Day One & Two; development of ideas for final collection and developing a print
This week I have carried on with working on my collection by working in to the rough design ideas and doing even more drawings of detailing. I have started to introduce a figure so that I can see what whole outfits look like together. I now have so many different ideas floating around my head that I need to narrow them all down to make it more clear as I have so many ideas that I am stuck with where to go next and how to bring it all together to create the final collection. The initial sketches work really well but after having so many I now have so many different ways I could take the collection that I'm struggling to pick what things to go with.
This week I also developed a print to incorporate in to my designs in small details as I need to find a way of bringing in the London landmark idea so that my initial research ties in to my collection and so you can see the flow from beginning to end.
I've gone for a very simple print that I got from a drawing I did of the gherkin and then just cropped it down and made a symmetric print from there. It is a fairly simple print but as I would only be using it in small places in my final collection I think that the more simplistic the better so that it doesn't overpower the overall design. I have got a greyscale and then a brighter print to add more colour in to the collection.
I've gone for a very simple print that I got from a drawing I did of the gherkin and then just cropped it down and made a symmetric print from there. It is a fairly simple print but as I would only be using it in small places in my final collection I think that the more simplistic the better so that it doesn't overpower the overall design. I have got a greyscale and then a brighter print to add more colour in to the collection.
Day Three; final design completion
Here is my final collection for the sportswear project. Overall I am really pleased with the designs however the one on the end on the left I feel doesn't fit in as well to the collection so if I had more time I would have changed this as I don't like it. I like that my collection is fairly simple with it's colour scheme but the shapes being created make it more exciting.
If i were to create this collection I would use fabrics like neoprene and mesh. I would print my print on to interesting fabrics and use these in the collection as well. I think that this project has been successful and I am glad I chose to do design as I think my work has flourished and is becoming more interesting. I've become more confident in myself and my work due to good feedback so I am glad that I've chosen that design is more my pathway over promotion during my time at Ravensbourne.



No comments:
Post a Comment